There’s no doubt about it — Cherry Almond Softening Shampoo and Conditioner is something special. Our latest release, which features a deliciously addictive fruity-floral aroma, has deep roots in Aveda’s history but has been updated for 2018, so obviously we’re kind of obsessed. If you haven’t tried it yet, no big deal! You’re going to love it, and we’ll tell you why.
1. The Cherry Almond aroma has been around since the early days of Aveda. Back in the day, it was called Cherry Almond Bark and was a deep conditioning treatment. (At one point, it was even in a jar!) It was discontinued in the mid-2000s, but fans were always asking us to bring it back.
2. It’s a comeback kid! We love a good comeback, don’t you? While the formula is different, the signature Cherry Almond aroma is still there.
3. Cherry Almond is color safe. You won’t have to worry about your color when sudsing up with the shampoo.
4. It’s 98% naturally-derived!* Cherry Almond’s ingredients include babassu and coconut-derived cleansers, plus a blend of cherry blossom and sweet almond oil to help restore softness and shine. (*from plants, non-petroleum minerals or water)
5. The aroma has been painstakingly created. You can’t use cherries and almonds to create a fragrance — they’re too faint! Our Pure-Fumers crafted it with 38 plant and flower essences like tonka bean, orange and ylang ylang.
6. It turns every shower into an experience. The aroma, paired with the lush lather and luxe conditioner, make washing your hair fun. Promise!
7. Your hair will feel soft, shiny and bouncy. Cherry Almond is best for normal to dry hair, but if your hair is feeling really thirsty, we’d recommend you go for Dry Remedy instead.
8. It’s cruelty-free, not tested on animals. Aveda products are NEVER tested on animals.
9. Cherry Almond is silicone free and vegan!
10. It won’t break the bank. Cherry Almond is affordable — the shampoo and conditioner are each priced under $20.
11. It’s a great choice for the whole family — especially in litre size. Make your Cherry Almond moments last when you buy litres.
12. It’s been selling out FAST. The Aveda store at our HQ in Blaine, Minnesota sold out of the first run in just two days!
13. Who doesn’t want softer hair? Your hair will be irresistibly soft and so touchable, it takes playing with your hair to a whole new level.
14. It inspired a whole new color trend. Check out #avedacherrygloss, a movement that began with Global Artistic Directors for Hair Color and Makeup, Ian Michael Black and Janell Geason, and bask in the beautiful pink glory. Maybe you’ll get inspired to try it!
15. Did we mention it smells good? Well, in case you haven’t been convinced — IT SMELLS AMAZING!